SELFRIDGES LAUNCH WORLD’S FIRST CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER PANETONNE!
For years Panettone has been gifted to relatives and colleagues as a sizeable and neatly wrapped Christmas present, that would then remain in the back of a cupboard for six months until it ended up in a bread and butter pudding. Well no more!
• This year, Selfridges worked closely with Italian, family-run bakery Perbellini to create the world's first chocolate peanut butter panettone which has been made using REESE'S iconic chocolate peanut butter confections.
• Perbellini, has been running for over 130 years and represents the very best of traditional, handmade Italian pasticceria.
• This utterly moreish panettone replaces the traditional dried fruits with milk chocolate, Reese's Peanut Butter Chips and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups which are swirled, scattered and baked throughout the dough.
• The classic pillowy soft, golden dough is complimented perfectly by the rich chocolate and saltiness of the peanut butter.
• The panetonne can be enjoyed with a hot beverage (or a glass of prosecco) or you can try toasting slices, letting the Reese’s Peanut Butter cups melt into the dough. Breakfast never tasted so good!
• The Chocolate Peanut Butter Panettone is available exclusively at Selfridges stores (Oxford Street, Birmingham, Manchester Trafford and Manchester Exchange) and Selfridges.com. 1kg, £27.99
Notes to Editors:
Selfridges has led the way with alternative panettones having launched the world's first Salted Caramel Panettone in 2016. The Salted Caramel sold out within three weeks and then continued to outsell Christmas Cakes 2:1. In 2017 Selfridges launched the equally popular a Blond Chocolate variety.
This year, Selfridges will also be offering personalised jars of Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread and personalised Reese's Selection Boxes. Both will be available exclusively at Selfridges.